Today after school all of us cheerleaders are in the commons area stretching getting ready to dance. Then when everyone was done with stretching and running we all go through all of the other stuff like splits, kicks, jumps and more stretches. We have all different kinds of stretches but my favorite one is the Scorpion. So I do the Scorpion because it stretches my back.
First I get my balance on the white cement floor. Then I bring my right foot up to my right hand. I pull my leg up slowly. As I pull my leg up I begin to feel all of my muscles in my leg stretch. Then I take my left hand and get a grip on my foot. After I have good grip on my foot I rotate my right hand while my left hand holding it then I grab underneath my foot on the arch. After I do that I begin to rotate my body to the opposite side of my foot. When I rotate I notice every one of the cheerleaders watching as I bring my foot up closer and closer to my head. Then I start to pull up even more, while I pull up my foot I can feel my hip bone and my rib cage bone touch each other. I pull it up and my foot touches my head and I stand there and let it stretch. My head is put back to my foot so I can see nothing but the ceiling until I look at the crowd of girls and I hear one say, “Makalie, it looks like your back will break!” I can feel it burning, so then I release it slowly starting by letting go of my foot with one of my hands and I can already feel my muscles relaxing everywhere in my hands, back, feet, and legs. Then I let go of my leg and lower it to the ground. I feel all my muscles relaxed. After I am done my body feels all better and stretched.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Scorpion
Posted by Makalie Anne at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment